Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-27-2013, 12:39 PM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]To give you guys some info..

We are working away as fast as we can, it has to take the time it takes. We have no rush and as a certain well known game developer said "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.".

We are optimizing, tweaking and in general putting the FG expertise to good use. TCR keeps putting in work as well. There are companies working on the translations (will launch with 9 languages in addition to original English). The porting guys are porting away. Deals are being made. Things are prepared for launching the game through more online stores than any other FG game before. In general occupied with all things related.

We know we will not make Q2, we also know when the game will be ready for launch. We have not set the exact day yet. You can however make good use of the weather outside this summer and look forward to gaming with the piggies as the summer comes to an end.

can we have also Amnesia for PS4???please it would be great and alot of my friends wants try this amazing game
Another article about the delay that we've all known about for over a week now. These games 'news' sites aren't really on the ball are they?

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/06/...-for-pigs/
(06-05-2013, 05:43 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-05-2013, 04:28 PM)Sarcophagus Wrote: [ -> ]After you finish the game what will you do? wait a couple of years for the next one? or enjoy some custom stories?

Enjoy Amnesia custom stories, nothing changes.

And if the models are collada again (of course they will) it does not matter from which program they were exported. The pigs use Amnesia stuff, Maya exports will work as intended.
Nooo... They brokeded it. :[

Well, onto UDK next!

I do believe the game itself will be "insanely" fun.
(06-05-2013, 09:29 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]I just noticed that the first AAMFP teaser (released almost a year ago) has 1,126,181 views. That's...wow! Cool

Unless...wait..... Guys, how many times have you seen it? Tongue

Not a few thousand times. Nope.

Also, don't really care about the no Custom Story thing. As said, the assets should be very importable into The Dark Descent, so the custom stories will basically be the same as if they were in AMFP.
(06-05-2013, 05:48 PM)The Raining Brains Wrote: [ -> ]At the very least, I hope AMFP is better optimised even if it's requirements are higher. For some reason, my rig can handle Crysis 3 at max settings but struggles with Amnesia. SSAO at max kills my frame rate.
The doctor cut out his brain with a saw again guys.
Settings the SSAO to x128 is waste of resources anything above x16 is actually.
(06-06-2013, 12:05 AM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-05-2013, 09:29 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]I just noticed that the first AAMFP teaser (released almost a year ago) has 1,126,181 views. That's...wow! Cool

Unless...wait..... Guys, how many times have you seen it? Tongue

Not a few thousand times. Nope.

Also, don't really care about the no Custom Story thing. As said, the assets should be very importable into The Dark Descent, so the custom stories will basically be the same as if they were in AMFP.

The current HPL 2 engine does not support assets that were made in 3DS MAX, AAMFP's new assets were made in MAX, without HPL 2.5 you won't be able to import pigs assets without problems.
(06-05-2013, 11:46 PM)twinspectre Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2013, 12:39 PM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]To give you guys some info..

We are working away as fast as we can, it has to take the time it takes. We have no rush and as a certain well known game developer said "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.".

We are optimizing, tweaking and in general putting the FG expertise to good use. TCR keeps putting in work as well. There are companies working on the translations (will launch with 9 languages in addition to original English). The porting guys are porting away. Deals are being made. Things are prepared for launching the game through more online stores than any other FG game before. In general occupied with all things related.

We know we will not make Q2, we also know when the game will be ready for launch. We have not set the exact day yet. You can however make good use of the weather outside this summer and look forward to gaming with the piggies as the summer comes to an end.

can we have also Amnesia for PS4???please it would be great and alot of my friends wants try this amazing game

Sorry, but since PS4 and XBox doesn't support OpenCOLLADA and OpenGL, it's most likely to be NOT ported.
i would to see this amazing horror game on PS4 Sad
(06-06-2013, 02:11 AM)twinspectre Wrote: [ -> ]i would to see this amazing horror game on PS4 Sad

Just play it on PC, PC's will give you better experience than a console.
(06-06-2013, 02:37 AM)Delirium92 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2013, 02:11 AM)twinspectre Wrote: [ -> ]i would to see this amazing horror game on PS4 Sad

Just play it on PC, PC's will give you better experience than a console.

i have already finish amnesia : the dark descent on PC with minimum settings and it's sucks ''Graphic'' , so i would play on PS4 , dude be real the experience is the same on all platform you choise i'm a PC and Console gamer so i don't see which platform have better experience , you can have the same experience on console as on pc.